Now I wouldn't exactly say Tara is my pet peeve, but those darn things covering her eyes didn't always make her my favourite person on our travels.
Meet Tara's first pair of sunnies. These ones broke on day 1. Now Tara already had another couple of pairs in the car, so it was okay at this point, but she continually began to forget them in the car when we would go exploring and she just couldn't go without a pair.
Tara picked up this fine pair in Sydney when she forgot her sunnies at home.
These were another buy when she yet again forgot to bring her eyes in the car.
And another pair.
And another....
So you'll all agree, Tara has a problem. First she is growing increasingly forgetful (I have my theories on why, but I don't think she'll appreciate me sharing them with you) and she will soon own more pairs of sunnies than shoes.
Still, this is only the beginning to my issue. As you can see Tara has various styles of sunnies. They vary in weight and how they sit on Tara's nose. So while driving for hours Tara's poor little (actually bigger) nose would suffer some discomfort from wearing the same pair of sunnies. She would therefore ask me to get her another pair. No biggie you think, but there is a word I would use for Tara and her sunglasses...I'm not yet sure if this word is appropriate to put on a blog with a varying audience so I'll keep that word to myself. Let me paint the picture for you:
Tara: Ugh, Danielle do you mind getting out another pair of sunnies for me. These ones are really heavy.
Danielle: Sure.
Danielle opens center console and removes new sunnies from case, hands them to Tara.
Tara: Thanks.
Danielle places rejected sunnies on the dashboard.
All is well.
Wait...there is an increasingly awkward atmosphere rising in the car.
Danielle notices Tara eyeing sunnies on dashboard from the corner of her eye. Danielle is suddenly aware that Tara is not pleased with placement of sunnies.
Tara: Actually, can you please put them in a case for me. I don't want them to get scratched.
Danielle: *groans* Yes, Tara, I would love to put them in a case for you.
Danielle digs through center console to find a case. This involves removing the other 5 pairs of sunnies stored in console - making sure all sunnies are handled with TLC. The whole process is of course supervised by Tara who thinks she is being inconspicuous.
As the trip progresses this was a common continuation of such a scenario:
Tara: Actually I don't like these either. They pinch my nose.
Danielle: Can't you just go without them? It's not that bright.
Tara: No. Are you not wearing yours? How do you not have to wear them?
Danielle: I let my eyes adjust to the light...
Tara: I can't do that. Can you get another pair out?
Danielle: ...Yes Tara, I'd love to...
And this would go on and on whenever we were on the road. Now after reading this I'm sure you are just as annoyed by the situation as I was. And for you North Americans I might guess that you are slightly irritated by constant use of the word "sunnies"??
First of all I think that it's cute that you guys call them "sunnies." 2nd, I own a bunch in have them in several different spots in the house...car..stroller...whatever...but not as many and not as stylish as Tara's:)
ReplyDelete