We arrived in Mt Gambier on Christmas Eve.

Oh, the air mattress and tent drama. We had to blow up our air mattress in the camp kitchen with our hairdryer that night. There were two German boys in Santa hats sitting in the kitchen while we did this. They didn't say anything and they didn't have to. Getting caught doing silly things is just what we Evans sisters do.
Speaking of silly things, those two German boys ended up being four German boys who sat in the camp kitchen with their Santa hats all night playing cards and listening to sappy chick music while smoking up and singing along. I even caught them dancing around with each other at one point. Oh you gotta love zee Germans.
Merry Christmas! We awoke to a very quiet Christmas morning and had the bathroom all to ourselves. We used this opportunity to make ourselves look decent for the special day - hair straightened and all. We finally felt so fresh and so clean clean.

Our lovely campsite on Christmas morning.
Christmas prezzies! The Chris Evans who is not our brother is much more thoughtful than the Chris Evans who is our brother. He sent us off from Melbourne with presents for Christmas (Perfume! Yippee!) We would have been lucky enough if the Chris Evans who is our brother bothered to get up off the couch to say goodbye to us when we left.

T with perfume from Chris and a book from Mum.

My perfume from Chris and a necklace I saw in the markets and wanted to get. Tara, being the sweet, thoughtful sister she is, managed to buy it for me and I had NO clue. We found these pendants at a stall in The Rocks market and were so impressed that I couldn't decide if I should get one. When we headed to another stall Tara ditched me to go back to that booth and buy some for herself and some friends. When I came over I was saddened to see that in that short time someone bought the pendant I wanted! I couldn't believe it. "That's what happens when you take forever to make a decision", Tara so rudely remarked. Well, on Christmas day I found out who that person was that bought it. I couldn't believe she was so sneaky and nasty at the same time. (Note that Tara is obviously the better sister here as she was so thoughtful to get me something for Christmas and I got her nothing.)

Thoughtful T again. Wanting to make Christmas a little more special Tara bought our breakfast without me so there would be a little surprise and treat for the morning. It was delicious! Well done T!

Tara loving how good she smells...as always.
Having some fun in the tunnel. Tara was too much of a lady to run and jump in the tunnel while there were potential spectators around, but she did well capturing me midair -especially when this white girl can't jump.


The Blue Lake of Mt Gambier. It was BEA-U-TI-FUL.


Beautiful lake. Beautiful Tara.

Making my wish at the wishing well...hope it comes true!

Wait a second, what does that say? "YOUR DONATION THROUGH YOUR "WISH" WILL ASSIST LOCAL CHARITIES".
Why was wish in quotation marks? If it weren't in quotations and my wish didn't come true does that mean I could sue them for having a faulty wishing well? If that went down in America I bet I could. I suddenly felt somewhat betrayed. The cute, welcoming wishing well said, "Hey, come make a wish!" And then with it's caged bottom and sign saying "WISH" I felt it's greedy, dream-crushing nature saying, "Gotcha sucker! We have your money and you can take your lame "wish" elsewhere." Well I'm making it known that the Rotary International Wishing Well in Mt Gambier is a sham. It's just a charity well who can't dignify wishes as legit, and what kind of charity does that?
The Mt Gambier Sinkhole.

Tara broke out in song and dance here, serenading natures wonders with her stunning voice. A frog then came and sat next to her and said if she would kiss him, he would turn into her dream prince. She enquired if he would be over 6 feet tall and drive his own car. Sadly, the little guy didn't meet her standards and she flicked him into the hole and walked away without looking back.

Sisters at the sinkhole.

Tara was trying to take a cool photo here. I climbed up on the rocks to try and help her get whatever effect she was trying to get. Instead I felt like a leprechaun by a wishing well and she caught me giving my Irish/Leprechaun greeting.

The Sinkhole in Mt Gambier. Apparently this is the city of craters and sinkholes. Sadly, a few people died in this one. Now people like to throw the their garbage down there. Can you spot the toilet paper and plastic bag?
Ladies, I LOVE the travelogue. And I'm pretty sure there is not a more perfect picture to describe Tara than her smelling her own wrist. Seriously blow it up, put it on canvas, hang it in her room!
ReplyDeleteI am so jealous of your Christmas. I hate the holidays and this seems like the perfect Christmas to me:)
ReplyDelete