
Looking like fools at Luna Park.




Manly Beach with Season Greetings banners flying in the wind. We just couldn't take these Christmas reminders seriously.

A woman entertains onlookers by bending herself to fit in a tiny box.

As a grown adult, Tara still refuses to eat her crusts.

A classic example of important historical moments worth making monuments for. Be sure to zoom in and have a read.

I loved these. Water taxis. So much cooler than a regular taxi. I'll bet water cabbies are nicer too.

Don't be fooled. That's the name of the store...which is just like any other dollar store with cheap junk.

T and D outside a cool museum in the Rocks. Unfortunately, I don't remember the name of it but it was a very old building with all sorts of neat tidbits. It was also the one place that had loos in a location we could remember. We walked back to this spot a few times - however far away we might have been. When you gotta go, you gotta go.

You'll be thankful for this bandaid. I was. It covered one of T's unsightly wounds from her scooting accident a few months back. It also gave opportunity for the escape of 4 popcorn kernels. These 4 little guys hung out with their fellow family members in an exhibit in The Museum of Contemporary Art where the floor was covered in kernels. The viewers were invited to remove their shoes and walk among the kernels as they viewed the large portraits on the wall. T and I could not pass up an opportunity to reward our tired feet with a popcorn foot massage. (Mind you we were disappointed by the waste of such a blessed food. We Evanses have a deep appreciation for the popcorn.) It was at that time that these 4 grabbed hold of T's bandage and made their way to sweet freedom. It took a while for T and I to notice the stowaways and we were saddened to give them a new home in a nearby rubbish bin.

Unfortunately, you cannot see what this picture was meant to document. T and I spent a day in Sydney's cold rain in flip flops. After hours of walking around T realized that I had mud caked all over my legs and shorts that had flipped up as we walked. It wasn't pretty - especially when we took a stroll through the Domain and Botanical Gardens. We stopped twice at the loos to clean ourselves up only to be a mess again in a matter of seconds. I was ashamed to walk into any galleries looking so filthy, but I spoke loudly and obnoxiously so people would think I was American and it made me feel better. JK :)
The most interesting thing about the whole flip flop-dirty bum dilemma was that T didn't get as dirty and when I enquired as to why, she wasn't sure but suggested I walk heel to toe. At first I thought she was being smart but then realized she was serious and when I stated that's how I normally walk we both realized something was off and began observing her walking. It would seem that T is only a heel-toe walker when she really thinks about it. We're still both confused about how she normally walks. Next time you see take her a look, maybe you can solve the mystery.

The Coca-Cola sign. T was under the impression from her LonelyPlanet guide that this sign was THE Coca-Cola sign from our beloved classic, Strictly Ballroom. It was filmed in Sydney and we were excited to go to a real place from the show. It was quite the trek from where we were in the city, but if it was THE Coca-Cola sign we had to see it. And so we walked. And walked. And froze. And walked. And then we arrived. And then we were frustrated when we discovered this Coca-Cola sign was NOT THE Coca-Cola sign from Strictly Ballroom. All that walking and now we were in dodgy King's Cross feeling cold and hungry. Please note that this is an area well known as the drugs and red light district in Australia. It's getting better, but it certainly has a long way to go. This was where we say the seat cushion in the tree and junk in the walls. This is also where we hunted in every shop for some sort of sweaters/coats and finally found some in a little shop run by an Asian couple. We held them up in joy only to see that they were too short for an Evans torso. We put them back in disappointment when the smiley lady owner insisted she had ones that would fit. "They're too short and wide" Tara replied. The woman was instantly disgusted by us and began nattering to her husband in another language. We knew we had to make a quick escape.
No comments:
Post a Comment